Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Art and Piano News July 2012

ANOTHER OF MY STUDENTS WINS FOUR TOP AWARDS IN THE ALAMEDA COUNTY FAIR ART CONTEST!

Congratulations to 8 year old Rachel Mattison won four 1st place awards at the Fair's Art Contest as well. Her painting of The Cat in the Hat, inspired by the Dr. Seuss character, is pictured below.

"Painting of The Cat in the Hat"
(after the character by Dr. Seuss)
by Rachel Mattison
(8 years old)


Piano Recital planned for late October
I will be holding a small piano recital for my piano students in late October. It will be a very friendly and easy-going recital as the students are just beginning to learn the piano, and most are in elementary school or younger. I would love all the students to show off one or two of their pieces and hear what the other students are doing. We will have refreshments after the recital. I will announce more details in September.

 
Caricature Sketching for Parties & Events
I recently did a Caricature Sketching Event at a graduation party. It proved to be a lot of fun, especially with the children!.
If you are having a party or event in the coming months and need an extra activity I am available to do caricature sketching again. In addition I can give a caricature workshop & guests can draw each other afterwards. if you are interested please call or email.

No comments:

Post a Comment