The class is open to children ages 5 to 18 who have new sewed or knitted, or have just done a little sewing and knitting.
- We will learn basic knit /pearl stitches and how to make different patterns using them.
- We will make a simple blanket for a doll, a scarf or a hat.
- Students bring their own medium-sized knitting needles and yarn (which you can get cheaply from Walmart or Joann Fabrics)
- We will sew by hand, learning to thread a needle, sew neatly and securely to make strong seams.
- We will make a simple sleeveless top, a skirt or an embroidered cushion cover.
- We will learn to add extras like buttons or zippers.
- We will learn to use a sewing pattern.
- Students bring their own materials, which, again, can be bought cheaply from Walmart or Joann Fabrics (please email me for a materials list)
$24 per student per 1 and 1/2 hour class
Bothwell Center, 2466 8th St, Livermore, CA 94550
Days and time:
(to be determined)
Please contact me for further information and to sign your child up for this class.